Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 37 Post Op

WELL. Talk about a physical/emotional/mental breakdown. I'm sorry you all had to witness that. But I'm glad to say I'm feeling much better already (ah the miracle of Vitamin C and doterra oils-thanks Ames!), and can even breathe out of one nostril. My doctor put me on anti-biotics and Mucinex, both of which are huge horse pills that I gag on every time. It's not all that fun. Also...sneezing. Sneezing is scary, mostly for everyone around me because I'm not allowed to hold it in (on account of blowing air into my cheeks through the incisions in my sinuses) so I just basically have to explode like a virus bomb. I really hope I don't have to sneeze on the plane ride tomorrow or I will be making fast enemies all around.

There's been a new development in my left jaw joint. For a few weeks it has been giving me a little pain and making this crunching noise, which has now progressed into a full blown POPPING sound/feeling. It's almost as if something (I'm betting on my TMJ disc) is popping out of place. This happens several times a minute, anytime I clench my teeth, swallow, talk, drink, etc. It's not exactly debilitating but it is quite jarring. However, I've brought it up twice to the surgeon and both times he said this is probably just swelling and inflamation from the surgery that will go away with time. But juuuust because I'm running for title of most-annoying-patient-ever, I left him a message today asking about it again. I know. I regretted it the moment I hung up.


Here is a picture of my face. Swelling is really down, some people even say I look like good ole me again. I've got some asymmetry still, which I'm totally embracing because it's the Aubs way. I'm kind of glad they were able to fix my bite without making me look like a cookie cutter real housewife of Orange County.

The plan is to fly out on Saturday. Wish me luck, feeling nervous about sinus pressure and hunger while traveling, and also leaving my poor kitty who seems to have caught a cold too. I know, so sad right? Sick animals are so much sadder than sick humans.


1 comment: