Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 4 Post Op

 Pain: 6-7/10
Inconvenience: 9/10


There it is folks. The face. Swelling has gone down a bit, lips are still pretty jacked up, eyes stuck in a forever sad expression. They are sad because I cannot eat or breathe or smile.

Today was hard. Uncle Cameron and Aunt Lisa and their kids just flew in from Hawaii and stopped by. It was good to see them even though I was obviously less than ideal company. My mom picked up a lot of the slack and made them lunch, etc. They have adorable kids.

I'm soooo sick of taking medicine. It's like every 2 hours more medicine which upsets my stomach and makes my mouth taste bad for hours on end. The ice packs are my saving grace. Whenever I put a fresh one out of the freezer on my jaw it's like AHHHHH the most intense relief I've ever felt in my life. Without them my face feels like a hot balloon about to explode.

The pain, oh the pain. Just listen up... Don't get jaw surgery. I don't know what else to tell you.

9 comments:

  1. You are a brave soul, Aubrey! I am proud of your courage and determination to be cheerful despite your pain and uncomfortableness! Hang in there.... It is only going to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my heroine! What an account of courage and strength. I wish I could shoulder your pain and suffering. Stay the course and this will be but a memory (albeit a forgettable one) soon. Look forward to being with you and Hunter soon (middle of August most likely). Love you!

    By the way, your blog is extremely well written and clever! I think you should write a book for children about the pain bone for when they are recovering from surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Jor and Aunt Ade couldn't get the comment to work so they asked me to post this message: Aubrey, we are so glad your surgery is over and we hope each day you feel a little better! We love, you, uncle Jor and Aunt Ade

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin' good! But your pain rating can't go up anymore. Keep that ice pack on!

    I originally posted this and wrote the wrong "your" and I knew that wouldn't do on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous, even with all the swelling. You ALWAYS look fabulous and you have the personality to match. How can one girl get it all? When I get a face lift--honestly, every pound I lose the sag gets saggier, soon my chin waggles will reach my belly button--anyway, IF/WHEN I get a face lift I'm calling you for encouragement. Hang in there girl. You have the other fabulous gal to help you, your mother, who I adore. Have her tell you the Big Mouth Frog joke. She is so funny, she told me that joke years ago and I've never forgotten her funny little face, making her mouth as small as possible. Now I have my own Big/Small Mouthed Frog in with my petunias.

    Love you girl, from your great auntie,
    Aunt Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aubs! I hope it gets better soon. We loved visiting with you yesterday, even if you didn't want to take your medicine:) I hope you didn't have to much soreness from all that talking. The kids were talking about how Abi used to call you Aubrary after we left. Too funny. Hopefully we'll see you after you're all re-hinged and feeling much better so we can go play:) Love you!

    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waiting for a new update, even if its just "same".

    ReplyDelete